The domestic customer base totaled 8.6m, up 0.5m or 6.1%, compared with 2008. Key contributing factors:
- A considerable increase in most mobility service areas, e.g. residential voice – both postpaid and prepaid, telemetrics, wholesale voice and mobile data/broadband.
- The TDC Group's TV customer base increased by 9.6% due to the success of HomeTrio and growth in the cable-TV business.
- TDC's landline internet customer base increased by 10.0%, due mainly to the acquisitions of Fullrate and A+.
- TDC limited the reduction in the landline base to 5.8%, and largely offset the migration from traditional landline telephony by encouraging a significant increase in TDC's VoIP customer base triggered by the success in sales of multi-play bundles and the acquisition of Fullrate.
- TDC's other network and data connection customer base fell by 18.9%. This was due almost exclusively to a reduction in ULL connections caused by the acquisition of Fullrate. Thus, TDC's broadband customer base (including ULL) was not affected by the acquisition of Fullrate, as these customers were simply transferred from wholesale to retail.